Panasonic KX-TG4743B DECT 6.0 Cordless Phone

Panasonic KX-TG4743B DECT 6.0 Cordless Phone with Answering System, Black, 3 Handsets
  • DECT 6.0 Plus Technology
  • 3 Cordless Handsets
  • Single line
  • Digital Answering Machine - Included
  • Amplified Handset Volume with Dedicated Volume Key

I've had many Panasonic phones over the past 30 years. It is the only brand I trust for quality and customer service. The last one I had was KX-TGA402. There was no back light and it didn't have a speaker ID. I could never see the caller ID when I was on the phone with some one else. After a few years it stopped ringing in one room and I didn't want to purchase a range extender which Panasonic does sell. The back/lit panel is the largest and brightest I've ever had. About 1.8 inches by 1 1/4. Even with the light off you can read the date and time very easily. The key pad has larger than usual easy to press buttons. So easy to set up, it really is a breeze.It takes 7 hours to charge but I received a phone call within 30 minutes of setting it up. The phone book and everything else is set on all 4 phones with just one entry. The answering machine is loud and clear and so is the caller ID when the phone rings... The manual spells everything out very easily and clearly.. I did have one question about entering my greeting. Customer service answered quickly and was most courteous and helpful. My husband has a hearing problem but he has no problem with this phone either listening or hearing the phone ring.. The volume control is on the side which is very convenient compared to pushing a button to see the bars expand while you're talking. I checked Panasonic online before I purchased this. It was the only Dect 6 Plus that said NEW so I assumed it would be the most advanced. Amazon was also about $11 less than the retail price. Another helpful feature is that there is message counter lit in bright red so when the phone is off you can always see how many messages are stored. Another plus is that when you have a Voice Mail message there is a 1 1/8 inch bar on the top of the receiver that flashes on and off (the indicator light). You can't miss it. There will be a lit message on the display that you have Voice Mail waiting for you.. If you have entered your VM phone # in your phone book just click under VM and Voice Mail will automatically be dialed for you. This light also flashes on and off for an answering machine message. I've never seen this feature on another pnone before-if you are in another room other than the base you can listen to your answering machine messages on any handset in any room!!! I am so happy with this phone. I can't recommend it highly enough.

I am adding this information a few days after installation, as it is not included in the instruction booklet on page 32 as it should be. If you subscribe to Caller ID this is important to know. When you refer to caller list the name, date and time appear but not the caller's phone number. This is the first Panasonic phone I've had where there was no number. I called Panasonic and they told me to press the right arrow on the Navigator key which is the large black button with the 4 arrows. The phone number will immediately appear. If you press the left arrow the caller list appears but without the phone #. I hope this is of help.

August 29,2012 update. I'm still extremely happy with this phone, more so than ever.

Buy Panasonic KX-TG4743B DECT 6.0 Cordless Phone Now

We needed a few more handsets to place around the house. Also needed phones with good volume control. We just love everything about these. Setup was simple simple simple! Volume controls are on each handset, in a great placejust above your thumb as you pick up the handset. Each handset has an indicator light, so you can tell in any room if there is a message AND you can access the message, change the recording, etc.. all from EACH HANDSET. No more going to the base station everytime you have to check a message. Our recorded outgoing message sounds much clearer than our old phone system. We really like these!!

Read Best Reviews of Panasonic KX-TG4743B DECT 6.0 Cordless Phone Here

I've had this phone system for three months now and it's the best I've ever owned. It's very easy set up and to use with lots of extras such as audio caller ID. Having five phones is very convenient even in a small condo and it's nice to finally have a phone in the bathroom. It's ALL good.

Want Panasonic KX-TG4743B DECT 6.0 Cordless Phone Discount?

I have been using this cordless phone system for over a month now. I upgraded from an older DECT 6 system from Panasonic which also worked very well for me. Here are some things I loved, and things I didn't:

Pros:

1. Handset is easy to hold, large and backlit buttons makes it easy to dial out in low light.

2. I use only four handsets and the fifth is stored as a backup. Cheaper than having to buy another one seperately!

3. Sound quality and range are very good.

Cons:

1. Haven't liked the usability of their Address Book. Too many clicks to get to the right names. A quick dial capability for favorite names would have been helpful.

Overall a great buy. Not sure if DECT 6+ adds to the range over DECT 6; I am assuming it does, but haven't tested it that way.

Save 20% off

I needed to replace an older system. I like this one much better. I especially like the voice announcing of caller ID at each handset. Another plus will be when I have to replace batteries. These handsets use standard batteries not proprietary like my old system. Very easy to use out of the box.

0 comments:

Post a Comment