FakeTV FTV-10 Burglar Deterrent

FakeTV FTV-10 Burglar Deterrent
  • Simulates scene changes, color changes, and on-screen motion
  • Light output equivalent to 27? LCD HDTV
  • Built-in light sensor turns FakeTV on when it is dark and off when it is light
  • Switch: Off / Dusk + 4 Hours / Dusk + 7 Hours
  • Light output never repeats
  • AC Adapter included, Power consumption: 2W
  • Size: 3-1/4? W X 2-3/4? H X 2-3/8? D

I went to the website and knew immediately I wanted this. I bought one for myself and one for a family member. When I received it, I put it in an upstairs bedroom and partially opened the blinds. I plugged it in and set the timer to dusk + 7 hours. Other settings are dusk all nite, dusk + 4 hours, dusk +7, or always on. That evening, I was outside and was amazed. It looked like there was a tv on in the bedroom. It changed light intensity and colors like a real tv. My wife was appreciative because it gives her an added sense of deterrent which means a lot to me. What is impressive is that the lighting of the faketv can be extremely bright like any tv would be. However, the fake tv utilizes intensely bright LEDs that hardly uses any electricity but is a lot less than a regular tv or the high energy consumption that high definition tv uses. During the day, about 3 blue leds are always on to let you know that it is operating and will turn on at dusk. I am going to order another one for my mother because I know she would appreciate it. I would suggest for the best location would be in a window that is not near a street light.

Buy FakeTV FTV-10 Burglar Deterrent Now

I bought a Fake TV last year when we went to Florida for the winter. I also bought/installed 2 Barking Rex motion sensor alarms and installed 4 electronic light timers. The Fake TV I set up on an electronic timer.

We live on a private road with several summer cottages. While in Florida the neighor across the road (full time resident) and the one next door (summer cottage) got broke into. Our house was not bothered! When our neighbor came to check on our house he said the Barking Rex scared the crap out of him. I credit my passive security measures as keeping us from becoming a victim too.

The Fake TV and 1 Barking Rex was passed on to my son. So this year I bought 2 Fake TVs and 2 more Barking Rex alarms while we take an extended vacation. The new Fake TV now has a timer installed, new and improved. It can be on full time, come on at dark and stay on for either 4 hours or 7 hours. There is no need to hook it into a timer. Nice touch.

As a retired police officer I strongly recommend this to anyone that wants to imrove the impression someone is home. Set it up as instructions indicate to get the best benefit. Add Barking Rex and some light timers and only your neighbors will know you are not home. We are trying to keep the stranger from breaking in, we trust our neighbors. The stranger will see the lights coming on and going off, see the Fake TV lights in the window, and if they approach the doors hear a dog barking at them. Enough to make them move on to a different house.

Read Best Reviews of FakeTV FTV-10 Burglar Deterrent Here

When you unpack it, it is deceptively small. Aim it at a window and it does the trick! I have stood for quite a long time watching this thing in my window and my neighbor watching a real tv. The flashing behavior looks completely real. It screams "someone's home!!"

Want FakeTV FTV-10 Burglar Deterrent Discount?

I read about this product a number of months ago, thinking this is a great idea in night time home security. If it truly worked, as claimed, it would be a great devise to deter someone looking to break in while you are away from home overnight. I just couldn't see how such a small devise could pull off the illusion quality of a television at night convincingly enough to be accepted as real.

Taking the plunge, I purchasing one locally and set it up at home. My son and wife were also present when we did the first round of testing. Baseline was our 27" color TV (what the company claims FakeTV is designed to replicate) on in two different rooms. We went outside and watched for about 5 minutes to see the patterns and brightness of the television coming through the window shades.

Next up was FakeTV. To our amazement, we couldn't tell the difference! The brightness and patterns looked just like a television being on at night. The best part -almost NO power usage, since FakeTV uses hi-intensity LED's for light power. The timer mechanism of selecting its use are:

1) Off totally

2) On at dusk (photo-eye operated) for 4 hours

3) On at dusk for 7 hours

4) On continuously (24/7).

I have mine aimed away from the windows, bouncing off a white wall, so there is no way to see the actual unit in operation. Stealth is the name of the game with this unit.

I highly recommend this unit to anyone. It works so well, I'm going to buy a second unit for a different room in the house.

*******

4/6/2011 Update

I have owned these units for just over a year. Between my neighbors and myself being out of town for extended periods of time, we have clocked up well over 200 days of use. The longest was 4(+) months straight this past winter.

In a nutshell -they worked flawlessly. In fact, my neighbor drove to their house from their extended vacation when fake TV was on and commented to his wife "Did you leave the TV on the whole time we were gone?" He forgot all about setting it up in the front bedroom. They are still that bright, even after all this use.

BTW, my neighbor just bought 2 units for themselves.

If you are concerned about durability, our long term test has shown that they will last for the duration. My FakeTV's are just as bright today as the first time we used them.

Save 14% off

I have to admit I was a bit skeptical but I figured I would give it a try. Although my intended use for this is not specifically what it was designed for. I am using it as a prop for television and independent film. It will be shone on the actors faces to simulate them watching television. I had my girlfriend go up to my sons room and do a test to see how authentic it looked through the closed curtains. She set it on top of his TV. Then to test it she turned on one of the items. I had to guess which it was, the TV or the Fake TV. I couldn't tell the difference. When we compared it to the larger TV in the living room it did not shine bright enough to fool me. It works well in smaller rooms to represent a smaller TV. All in all I rate it at a 4star. If it was a bit brighter I would have given it a 5.

0 comments:

Post a Comment