Garmin nuvi 465/465T 4.3-Inch Widescreen Bluetooth Trucking GPS Navigator

Garmin nuvi 465/465T 4.3-Inch Widescreen Bluetooth Trucking GPS Navigator
  • Garmin's first navigator designed for the trucking industry - navigate routes based on your truck's type, load, and physical restrictions
  • Pre-loaded with detailed, street-level maps of the United States, Canada, and Puerto Rico; speaks street names so drivers will receive turn-by-turn
  • Lane Assist guides users to the right lane at the right time, built-in FM traffic receiver gives free alerts about traffic delays and road construction, hands-free calling with Bluetooth and built-in mic/speaker
  • Specialized routing to support truck-related restrictions, customizable by height, weight, length, width, and hazardous materials
  • NOTE: Model number on the box is 465T because the traffic receiver is included; however, the model number on the device itself is 465 as the "T" in 465T refers to the additional component

Let me start by saying my review is just like others its my opinion! Myself ive been using Garmin GPS systems for 3 years plus. I own a garmin nuvi 660 and me buying the 465t was based on my experience with the 660 no cons if you ask me!

The first thing i noticed about the garmin was the light weight not bulky ,very sleek looking which is a plus in my book. Before going on the road with it i did the necessary updates to the 2010 north America 2.0 takes a while but is expected. The easiest way for the maps is the SD card just stick in and you are good to go will do that in future as i did this with my 660. Ive heard alot of complaints about the volume if you have a radio and CB going then no you will not hear it! The screen is big enough if your vision isn't awful. As far as sending on wrong routes Ive not experienced this problem its pretty accurate. I myself use mcnally my gps and sometimes google maps to compare. Thats the smart way of travel but i did do some runs where i solely used the 465t and had no problems. The truck specific features are nice and was nice to see you can switch back to car mode! So this isn't just a big truck GPS its an all around GPS. The detail of the maps is very good i was also worried when i seen it was a internal attena however it picks up 4 bars most the time it is 5 unless bad weather but never had a reception problem. If you have never used a GPS garmin is by far the easiest to pick up and use. But realize GPS aren't fool proof so use with caution . But hands down the 465t is for any trucker that needs that extra help. Hope i helped anyone debating on buying this product. UPDATE.... Garmin has released firmware updates that fixed some bugs people where reporting! Also the 2010 version 3.0 maps was released and it has proved to fix some bad mapping in a few areas ive noticed! Hands down im still very pleased with the unit and i know with time it will only get better because in the 2 months ive owned they have fixed alot of bugs. So i hope i help someone make a sound decision on this unit. Its by far the best unit for truckers!

Buy Garmin nuvi 465/465T 4.3-Inch Widescreen Bluetooth Trucking GPS Navigator Now

Ok. I've had this GPS for about 5 days now. I'm a truck driver and so far I've traveled with it to Sacramento, CA, Albuquerque, NM, and Denver Co.

I've done research on a couple of different trucker GPS out there and decided on this one. I never left a review before, but I'm gonna do so now since I myself use other peoples reviews before I make a final decision to purchase something.

Packaging: No this item DOES NOT come with the suction cup to place on window. Luckily for me, I bought a GPS Garmin 1350t from walmart and took it back to purchase this one. Well, lets jus say I kept the suction cup and returned the rest to walmart. :) I believe they're like $10 or so....

Download: When you register this product with garmin, they'll give you a free maps update. Give yourself a couple of hours for it to complete. Its not that big of a deal. Just download it and go clean or watch a movie or something til its done.

Features:

LANE ASSIST

I love this feature, Especially of you know about traveling thru CA, they have highway exits to left and right. So this lets me know well in advance which lane I need to be in.

SPEED LIMIT

This is really cool and pretty accurate. Jus know that when there's construction and they change speed limit in that area, GPS won't pick that up. (common sense). Also in area like CA, truck speed is 55mph, but rest of traffic is 65mph. GPS will recognize the 65 limit. Not a big deal to me.

SCALES

This is nice. I'll get a notice of scales about 2-5 miles in advance. it missed a couple of scales. Both in CA. But one looked like it was closed down. BUT, out of 8 or so scales I've passed, it missed one and recognized it after I already passed it, I'd say its pretty accurate.

ROUTING

Is good to go, accurate re-routing as well. OHHHH!!! I was in CA and I attempeted to get on freeway. GPS told me there was a weight limit of 4.5 tons on that highway. Sure enough about a half mile on that freeway a HUGE sign was posted and said jus THAT!! I got off the next exit. In truck mode the GPS will route you away from that type of situation. You'll all get notices from gps when an downgrade is about and also sharp curves. It doesn't tell you EVERY downgrade. From what I can tell, ONLY REALLY STEEP downgrades.

VOLUME

There was some complaints about this. To me its not that bad. I mean if you have your radio BLASTING, then you can't hear it. But having radio at respectable volume, even my cab noise, I can hear it just fine. Should the volume on this unit be improved? Probably so? Its not as bad as some people is making it out to be.

What I'm I forgetting........

I believe that it. You can switch to truck or automobile. There's other features like favorites n stuff like that. I mean that is what it is, you either use it or you don't ya know?? But I think I touched on main features. If I forgot something, I appologize. Hope my review helps.

Read Best Reviews of Garmin nuvi 465/465T 4.3-Inch Widescreen Bluetooth Trucking GPS Navigator Here

The 465T is not quite there yet. It feels like a car gps with a couple truck features thrown in.

PROS:

Nice Display w/auto night/day.

Free Lifetime traffic.

Categorize your favorites.

Excellent signal reception.

Multiple vehicle profiles.

Bluetooth speakerphone.

Multistop routing.

CONS:

Favorites limited to 1,000 entries.

Custom POI's are downright painful and can't be modified without a computer.

Can't route with a via only with stops.

Crashes alot if you aren't sticking to the route. (reboots quickly on its own though).

No way to filter out car only points of interest.

Can not rely on its route to be legal. (It has tried to route through truck restricted areas)

Missing many truckstops and weight stations, and has no rest areas or designated parking locations.

Doesn't seem to use the weight limit settings.

And Many, Many More....

SUMMARY:

If I'd known better, I would have stuck with my TomTom One car GPS. It was more reliable and not nearly as expensive. If Garmin would fix the map truck data and add a couple of features like navigate via and turning off the car stuff, it wouldn't be too bad. But as it stands now, you should save your money and wait for something better. This is a very disappointing product.

Want Garmin nuvi 465/465T 4.3-Inch Widescreen Bluetooth Trucking GPS Navigator Discount?

I drive a 40' motor home and live in it full time as well. We like to travel on the 2 lane highways and the 465T has helped me avoid low clearances and narrow bridges. I would recommend this unit for all RVers. Lots of features. I even used it on our trip through Canada. Switched the units to metric and I had a digital speedometer that let me know what speed(in kilometers) I was traveling. It was great.Garmin nĂ¼vi 465T 4.3-Inch Widescreen Bluetooth Truck GPS Navigator

Save 69% off

I drive a truck in 48 states and this thing never loses signal not sure why this other guy is. maybe he needs to call garmin. I never lose signal and when going threw a tunnel its able to calculate were i shold be and keep showing me on map screen without me ever knowing it lost signal in a tunnel. I have used other gps brands and they all are terrible. Even though this is not perfect it is still the best brand of gps's on market. Screen size is ok for me even when i'm sitting way back but i guess some people have weaker eyes. The only thing you should know is on all brands of gps always read ahead on what it wants you to do. that way when merging all over the place you know ahead of time what you need 2 do. on a garmin push top left to get a pic of next turn and push top center to get a list of written directions on what it wants you 2 do..

0 comments:

Post a Comment