Panasonic RPHJE120K In-Ear Headphone (Black)

Panasonic RPHJE120K In-Ear Headphone, Black
  • Color-matching for iPod Nano 5th Generation
  • Ergo-Fit Design for Ultimate Comfort and Fit
  • 3 Pairs of Soft Earpads Included (S/M/L), 1 Year Limited Warranty, Parts and Labor
  • Drive Unit (diam.in mm) - Diameter 9mm
  • Impedance (ohm/1kHz) - 16
  • Ergo-Fit Design for Ultimate Comfort and Fit,3.5 mm plug

I have a self appointed mission of finding inexpensive headphones that sound better than average. I have been on this quest for years as I am always never without my mp3 player or radio. I am rough on headphones and go through them fairly regularly. So I am always trying to find inexpensive headphones that sound better than my previous set (Skullcandy Ink'd). This time, after carefully reading reviews, I purchased 3 different headphones at once, all in the same price range (Under $15.00): The Panasonic RP-HJE120-A (Blue), The Skullcandy Jib, and The 2XL Spoke (Bounty Hunter Collection).

My conclusions were that the 2XL Spoke were adequate, but a distant third place. While the 2XL had definitively better bass than the Skullcandy Ink'd, the 2XL's mids and highs were only adequate. The Skullcandy Jib completely blew the Scullcandy Ink'd away, with much better bass, mids and highs, I thought I found what I had been looking for, that my quest had ended. But there was still the Panasonic RP-HJE120 to listen to. I must say I had little expectation for these after listening to the Skullcandy Jib's. But what was this? Immediately the Panasonic's sounded impressive. After listening to them for a while, I listened to the Jib's again. I honestly preferred the cleaner sound of the Panasonic RP-HJE120, and the Ergo design was a plus, the fit was just so comfortable.

So there you have my layman's evaluation of these three headsets and my hands down recommendation for the Panasonic RP-HJE120 (I got the Blue, however, I very much doubt that your color choice will affect the sound).

I hope this helped.

Buy Panasonic RPHJE120K In-Ear Headphone (Black) Now

I have 5 of these of various colors and purposes. These fit perfectly in my ears and are incredibly comfortable for me. I use them for everything especially for running and working out. They don't fall out like others I have owned (Koss with foamies, JVCs of a similar design, and Sony in-ear buds to name a few). I have listened to the popular "Beats by Dre" in-ear buds and still think these Panasonics sound great plus they're cheap as heck. I have a Bose ON-Ear head set that sound awesome and these little Panasonic buds are almost as good but more convenient.

Read Best Reviews of Panasonic RPHJE120K In-Ear Headphone (Black) Here

For about $10, these are a bargain!! I bought the blue version of these on Amazon for the purpose of acting as a backup pair of headphones for my $40 Skullcandy TiTANs (Black), as well as a set of Panasonic RP-HJE120s (White/Silver) and Panasonic RP-HJE120s (Pink) for my friend who needed a couple pairs. I got them because they were recommended from Consumer Reports, and I am impressed. The sound quality rivals that of my TiTANs, and they fit much better in my ears than the TiTANs. My friend says they are much more durable than the other $10 headphones she's had in the past; very sturdy for the price. The only thing me and her were concerned about was how the silicone buds are slightly flimsy, but, then again, these ARE only $10. But for $10, you couldn't find a better pair of headphones.

UPDATE: I have gone through 2 pairs of these things since I first bought them. I washed my 1st pair, & went awhile without another pair like this. When I ordered my second pair, I realized again what I had been missing. The bass isn't as full as my Sennheiser CX300 II in-ears, & the mids aren't as detailed either, but it's not like they are far off. The treble is richer, however. And these things can stand a lot of abuse. As long as the beating is not too intense, the only real reason you would buy another pair is because you lost them.

Want Panasonic RPHJE120K In-Ear Headphone (Black) Discount?

Let's just get right down to the point. I've owned $70, $99, and $135 headphones from all sorts of high end manufactures. They were all awesome headphones. I use them really often and end up going through a new pair every year. This time though, I was a little short on cash (moving expenses and the like), so I decided to do a ton of research on Amazon to find a suitable pair for a lot less cost. The ratings here speak for themselves. Don't let the very few negative reviews sell them short. At such a low price point, and despite all the high reviews, I wasn't expecting much. I was, however, pleasantly surprised. I had to switch to the included larger size tip and the sound isolation is just incredible. Now the real challenge will be to see how long they end up lasting, but for now, I've very happy.

Edit: It is July, 2012 and the headphones stopped working a few days ago. So these lasted a total of 7 months with very heavy use. I am impressed actually. As stated earlier in this review, I was going through a new pair of expensive headphones every year before buying these. Even though these lasted just over half a year, I am still very happy. I just purchased a replacement pair, this time in white.

Save 36% off

Got these earbuds to block out the annoying people in the library who for some reason hold social gatherings there. For 6-7 bucks I wasn't expecting much. The sound cancelling/blocking quality on these little earbuds is surprisingly goodso much so that even when music isn't playing I have difficulty hearing conversations around megreat for when I'm studying, but bad, say, when I'm running at night or when people are greeting me and think I'm antisocial for not responding back. Extremely comfortable and I can wear these for hours without discomfort (one reason why i chose not to get headphones that cover the ear completely). The sound is also a pleasant surprise and there's actually a "kick" present from the bass ranges.

The only problem I have with these earbuds is the lack of that sliding cord arranger that allows you to set the length of the separated earbuds. They often tangle as a result whenever i have to shove them in my backpack and its always a pain to sort them out. No idea about the durability of these but they're going strong after a month of fairly constant abuse that constitutes being crushed by my textbooks, liberal gym use, and being tangled in knots that even Houdini couldn't undo.

0 comments:

Post a Comment